WordPress is one of the easiest CMS to use when it comes to building your own website. With tons of themes to choose from, you can’t go wrong with WordPress. However, if you want to customize your website, then you have to know how to code or at least use a drag and drop page builder.
What is a Drag and Drop Page Builder?
Learning how to code might not be your main priority, as you definitely have to spend most of your time growing your business. Drag and drop builders are perfect for entrepreneurs and business owners who want to customize their websites but do not have enough time to learn how to code.
With drag and drop page builders, you can simply pick your preferred image, text block, video, title, form, slideshow, block, widget, module, or button and drop it on the page where you want to put it. It will only take you a few hours to design the whole website, and you don’t even have to hire a developer to do the website for you. With a drag and drop page builder, you can freely move and customize your website’s content based on what you like.
Most themes on WordPress are mobile responsive, too, so you don’t have to worry about your website looking uneven on mobile devices.
What You Should Look for in a Drag and Drop Page Builder
Most drag and drop page builders offer the same functionality, but there are some things that you should look for when choosing a drag and drop page builder for your website.
Compatible With Your Theme
If you do not want to change your current theme, then you should find a drag and drop website builder that’s compatible with it. Most of the website builders that we will be talking about today are compatible with most WordPress themes but check first just to be sure.
As you probably already know, SEO is vital for your website’s overall growth and success. You’d want to make sure that the drag and drop page builder that you will be using is compatible with the Yoast SEO plugin or whatever SEO plugin you are using for your WordPress website.
Just as we have mentioned, most drag and drop website builders are mobile-responsive. However, it would still pay to check before using it to create and design your website just to be a hundred percent sure.
Features add aesthetical factors to your website. This does not have anything to do with your website’s functionality, but then again, having a website that’s easy on the eyes will capture your target market’s attention.
Take a look at your website builder and see if it has enough styling options, ready-to-use templates, and useful content elements. You should also be able to customize your website and do live edits and see the changes appear right away.
Best Drag and Drop Website Builders
Now that we have covered what a drag and drop page builder is and what you should look for in one, it’s time to discuss which drag and drop builders you should be using for your website.
The Divi Builder
One of the most popular drag and drop page builders is The Divi Builder. It lets you preview your own design as you build the website, so you can add or remove items as you go. It also has a wide array of modules, layouts, templates, and content that you can choose from, so really, the design possibilities are endless for The Divi Builder.
Benefits of Using the Divi Builder:
- Comes with other content elements such as a CTA, pricing tables, buttons, accordion, and even an audio builder
- Has over 20+ ready-to-use templates to help you jumpstart your website
- You can edit the website’s frontend without opening the settings panel
- Gives you the choice to add a custom CSS code
The Divi Builder’s price starts at $89 per year for unlimited sites. If you want to subscribe for a lifetime, you can buy it for $249.
Themify Builder is a drag and drop website builder that’s reliable, simple, and free. You have the option to get the add-on bundle for only $39, which is pretty reasonable. This website builder can be used with any WordPress theme, so you do not have to worry about any compatibility issue.
Benefits of Using the Themify Builder:
- You can also choose from a wide array of templates – more than 40, to be exact
- It also has plugins that allow you to edit both the backend and frontend of your website
- You have the freedom to move the modules around and customize them to your liking
- You can also arrange the modules in columns or in rows. Grids can also be used
- Has over 60 animation effects to help make your page look aesthetically pleasing
- Can be used for free with the option to purchase the add-on
- You can copy and paste the modules from one page to another if you are looking to reuse some parts of the layout
Beaver Builder is one of the most well-known and widely-used drag and drop builders out of the bunch. It’s very user-friendly and easy to navigate, which is why it is one of the most popular choices for business and website owners that are not too familiar with coding. This one is built with a frontend visual editor that allows you to design a website with real-time preview.
Benefits of Using the Beaver Builder:
- Ease of use – you can easily drag and drop the content modules wherever you want to place them. You can also edit and create a landing page and it would not take too much of your time
- A simple toolbar can be used to customize each module
- Over 30 professionally-designed templates to choose from
- Fully mobile-responsive
- Great for beginners
- Comes with content templates including portfolio, pricing tables, services, team pages, and about page
- Allows you to use widgets and shortcodes
- Has a live demo where you can try all of its different features
For simpler websites, using the free version of Beaver Builder would be enough. However, if you want to fully customize your website and use all of its features, then you would want to pay $99. This will also allow you to create unlimited websites.
You know you cannot go wrong with a page builder if it has over 2 million active downloads and installs. Elementor is one of the most popular ones as well, simply because it is easy to use and also free.
Benefits of Using Elementor:
- Has over 80 design elements which include widgets to help you get more leads and traffic to your website
- It also has over 300 element blocks that you can use to style and design your website
- Allows you to edit the website and see the changes in real-time
- It supports redo and undo functions to help you speed things up for duplicates or clones
- Has a built-in maintenance mode that lets your visitors know when your website is coming
- Offers over 100 professionally-designed landing page templates
- Easy to use, especially for beginners
The Elementor page builder is free to download, but you can opt to pay for the Elementor Pro if you want to create an amazing and fully-functional website. The Elementor Pro allows you to customize the footer and header of your website and has over 50 premium widgets. Additionally, you can also build an online store through the WooCommerce Builder. You can also customize the fonts to match your overall theme. The Elementor Pro costs $49 a year.
If you want to focus on making your website visually appealing, then you might want to use Thrive Architect as your website builder. This builder helps you get conversions as it has different elements such as a call to action button, lead generation forms, countdown timers, and testimonial boxes.
Benefits of Using Thrive Architect
- Has over 325 landing page templates to help you build a customized landing page in no time
- Helps you create a blog post, home page, and sales page
- Allows you to edit your website and see the changes in real-time
The price for Thrive Architect starts at $67.
Visual Composer is a very user-friendly drag and drop WordPress page builder plugin. It has a user-friendly interface that helps you create amazing pages for your website.
Benefits of Using Visual Composer:
- Gives you the freedom to add stylish backgrounds such as carousel, parallax, video, and slideshow
- Allows you to use flexible rows and columns to create a grid layout
- Allows you to edit your menus, footers, logo, headers, and a lot more
- Compatible with almost all WordPress themes
- Offers support for Google Fonts
The pricing for Visual Composer starts at $59 a year for a single website.
You have the freedom to choose the drag and drop website builder that you will be using to create your own site. Determine what your website and business need and see what each of these drag and drop website builders has to offer and start from there.