Drag and drop website builders are some of the most popular plugins that you will use on WordPress. These builders provide editing and content building functionalities that help you customize your WordPress site based on your needs.
Working With WordPress Drag and Drop Website Builders
Website builders make building a website a breeze – even for beginners and people who are unfamiliar with coding. They empower you to create websites even without the help of a professional web developer – and in just a short amount of time.
With them, you can easily insert fields, elements and buttons into your pages and posts, move them around as you please, and see the effects in real-time. But not all page builders have the drag and drop feature, which is why you would want to make sure that the one you will choose for your WordPress site has it.
Benefits of Using a WordPress Drag and Drop Website Builder
Using drag and drop website builders has lots of benefits, which includes the following:
- They are made for non-developers and you do not need to learn how to code to build your website.
- Drag and drop WordPress website builders allow you to customize complex features and elements in a matter of just a few clicks.
- It’s easy to move things around – including sections, images, buttons, and more.
- You can easily see a preview of your website in real-time before it goes live.
- Most drag and drop builders have pre-made templates that you can choose from.
- Most drag and drop website builders have a simple interface.
- You can easily set up a website without having to spend too much time on it.
- You will also save money, as you would not have to hire a professional website developer and designer to create your website.
- You have complete control of the look and feel of your website.
- Most drag and drop website builders are mobile responsive – meaning you would not have to worry about your website looking bad on certain devices.
Four Useful Drag and Drop WordPress Website Builders
We have described six of the most popular drag and drop WordPress builders in the first part of this article. Here comes the second pack of four, picked for you.
SiteOrigin is one of the most popular drag and drop website builder for WordPress. It has over one million active installations, and it currently has 905 five-star ratings. Users can easily create responsive column-based content through the widgets that they are familiar with.
Benefits of Using SiteOrigin:
- SiteOrigin allows you to use any WordPress theme that you want. You can also change the themes as often as you want, and you would not encounter any problems with it.
- This builder is flexible. Unlike other builders that give you a set of pre-defined row layouts, SiteOrigin allows you to choose the exact number of rows and columns that you’d want for your site. Just go to the “Row Builder” feature on the plugin and you are all set to customize the layout.
- SiteOrigin allows live editing, so you can see your changes in real-time.
- It has a history browser, so you can easily track your progress. If you want to change or edit something, you can easily scroll through the history browser and click on the step that you’d want to revert to.
- You can easily change different attributes such as the background colors, paddings, and column spacing. Custom CSS and CSS classes can also be used.
- SiteOrigin is completely free to use.
- SiteOrigin is available in 17 languages.
Brizy os one of the easiest drag and drop website builders that you can use for WordPress. It has over 60,000 active installations and has 306 five-star ratings as of the moment. However, if you want to install Brizy to your WordPress site, then you should upgrade it to version 4.5 or higher.
Benefits of Using Brizy:
- Brizy prides itself on being clutter-free. Some of the drag and drop page builders can look confusing, but Brizy gets straight to the point. The menu shows exactly what you need to create a website so you would not have to fidget around to find what you need.
- Brizy has over 150 pre-made blocks that you can easily add to your page. These can be customized in just a matter of minutes, too.
- It has over 4,000 icons included, which are all available in Glyph and Outline versions. You can easily filter through the categories by searching for the keywords of the icon/s that you are looking for.
- You can change the text and colors on your website in just one click.
- With Brizy, you can easily switch to Mobile View if needed. This allows you to make changes that will only apply to this certain type of device. With this, you can easily customize your page design based on how big the user’s screen is.
- Images and content can easily be edited or changed through intuitive options.
- Brizy allows you to resize the columns easily. Simply drag the handle that appears in between the columns. You can also change the percentage values that are displayed at the top portion of the menu.
- You’d never have to worry about losing your work, as Brizy automatically saves your progress on the cloud.
Supports over 30 languages.
You can install the basic Brizy plugin version for free, but if you want to get the pro version, then you’d have to pay $49 for it.
Benefits of Using the Oxygen Builder:
- Oxygen Builder is WooCommerce-friendly. If you have a WooCommerce store or website, then you might want to try using this to build it.
This builder includes custom website headers that include overlay and sticky headers.
- Just like with Brizy, you can globally change your website’s color in one click.
- Oxygen Builder is SEO-friendly, so you can count on your website to get the right amount of traffic if you decide to use this builder.
- It has flexible builder elements including repeaters, dynamic data, loops, and more.
Oxygen Builder is a bit on the pricey side when it comes to drag and drop website builders. Their basic plan is priced at $99, while the WooCommerce plan is at $149. The Agency plan is priced at $169. It’s only a one-time fee though, so you would not have to worry about recurring payments.
WPBakery has over 4.3 million installations, and it is considered as one of the most powerful drag and drop website builders on WordPress. Most premium WordPress themes come with it, making it one of the most popular ones in the market.
Benefits of Using WPBakery:
- WPBakery offers a wide array of pre-made layouts that are ready to use.
- It supports CSS customizations. You can easily edit and customize its elements based on your preference.
- WPBakery is compatible with translation plugins including WPML.
- It has a front-end visual edit that you can use to edit all pages.
- WPBakery has a “Skin Builder” that allows you to mix and match colors to compliment your brand’s identity.
- WPBakery is extendable with the WPBakery page builder API.
- Their online customer support is outstanding.
- It has an advanced grid builder that allows you to display portfolios, posts, and custom media in a grid or masonry grid.
- The designs and layouts are all mobile-ready.
- Compatible with Yoast SEO.
WPBakery can be installed and used for free, but if you want to enjoy the premium benefits, then you should be willing to pay $45 for it.
It is possible to create your website in just a matter of hours, but editing and updating it should always be on top of your list. Drag and drop website builders make this easy for you, which is why you should consider installing one of the plugins that we have mentioned above.
Your website might have different needs, so make sure to compare these builders to find what you are looking for.