Designs, irrespective their types, have been improving with each passing year. Packaging design, in particular, is playing a significant role for businesses today in establish their brand identities. Thus, adding an extra feather to their marketing wings, resulting into an increased sale. The business of packaging is changing along with everything around us. Every year 95 percent of the products fail to mark their presence in the market just because of their poor packaging design. Knowing these facts, businesses worldwide have started investing more in the packaging design.
When it comes to choosing a product, the first thing that catches the attention is the design of the product. No matter how good your product is, if the packaging is not excellent, the customer will pass by it without giving a second glance. Unique packaging design will not only make your product stand out on the shelf space but also helps you to increase the sales of the product.
“What are the new trends?” — It’s probably the most talked about topic in any industry. If you want to be on top of the industry, you have to keep yourself updated with the latest design trends. As the year draws to a close, it’s wise to start taking into consideration the design trends for 2019.
So what are the new packaging design trends we can expect in the New Year? We have come with few design trends that will make people fall in love with your brand again:
- Intelligent Packaging: This type of packaging design uses near field communication (NFC) tags or radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips to engage the consumers through their smartphones. This technology will provide customers with the detailed product information such as originality, stock availability, real-time offers, virtual labels, etc. It is gaining so much importance that experts believe it to be the next future of the packaging industry.
- Eco-friendly: Due to an increase in the awareness and concern for the environment, consumers are looking for eco-friendly and recyclable packaging. This change in people’s mindset has increased the pressure on brands to not only create an impressive packaging design, but also include environment-friendly packaging design for products.
- Personalization: Demand for product personalization is on the rise and will continue to grow in 2019. The consumers are showing interest in such products and are sharing their reviews on social media. This trend presses companies to create a unique packaging design that can help them stand out from the crowd of competitors.
- Convenience: The pace of modern life does not seem to be slowing. The eating habit of the modern people has changed drastically. Though they cook food at home because of the time constraint, they eat more outside, on-the-go. And the trend is expected to rise in the coming years. This is where packaging is driving the change.
- E-Tailing: According to e-Marketer, e-commerce sales are forecasted to reach $4.479 trillion globally by 2021. The growing trend of online shopping has increased the expectations of customers. They want brands to provide functional and protective packaging that is suitable for transit and gives ritualistic experience when opening the product. This gives brands the opportunity to experiment with innovative packaging designs and create a memorable experience for customers.
The packaging industry will continue to face pressures from manufactures, logistic companies, retailers, and above all from the consumers. Change happens quickly, and if you remain unaware of the upcoming trends, you could be left with outdated packaging. Incorporating the above packaging designs trends in your packaging will benefit your business in 2019.